Reverting back to onboard sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
Yesterday I succesfully installed an M-Audio Audiophile 192 soundcard but as yet I don't have the right cables to connect it up to my hi-fi to hear it. It has replaced my onboard sound(Realtek '97 or something I think) as the default and now doesn't seem to be listed anywhere so I'm wondering how and indeed if I can revert back to using this to play sounds until I get the correct cables. All help much appreciated. :)

Have you checked the BIOS to see if its disabled? How did you go about over-riding or "uninstalling" it?

I didn't. I just installed the new sound card and it seems according to my computer the old onboard sound doesn't exist.....

I would have you check the BIOS to see of any of the on-board devices were disabled during the installation of your new card.

To get into BIOS:

Shutdown your PC

When prompted (very quickly), hit the key needed to enter setup.

This will bring you to a dos looking screen. Try to find the section (may be under another section) for onboard devices/peripherals. It could be under Integrated Peripherals, but I can't garauntee that because I have never seen your BIOS version :p

Check to make sure the onboard sound device is enabled. If it is disabled, enable it and exit WITH saving settings and your computer will reboot.

If this doesn't work, let me know.

Hope that helped some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom