Replacement for Creative SoundBlaster Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidtoldo

Beta member
Have an older Dell Dimension 8300. The old box still works but since I upgraded to Windows 7 my OEM SoundBlaster Live sound card cannot be recognized and will not power my Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker system.

I tried purchasing a replacement sound card Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE, however my subwoofer does not work and the volume is less than half of what it should be. Now I know it is not the fault of the sub-woofer, just something to do with the way the system is designed. All four of my satellite speakers input into the back of the sub woofer and then 1 wire [green] from the subwoofer went into the soundcard.

Long story short. What would be a suitable replacement sound card that would be compatable with Windows 7 and allow me to enjoy the full benefits of the Altec Lansing 5.1 sound system.

Thanks DT.

I have a sound blaster audigy se platinum in my computer right now.
It will install via through windows update, but creative themselves said to me they have given up support for it due to windows 7 beta testing and compatibilty issues.

You will not see any software to control this hardware, but if you need a decent 5.1 surround sound with 4 or 5 speakers it is easy to do, but will take alot testing for the day to make sure it works.
Also it does great on windows 7, if it can rattle my bedroom window and the garage downstairs on a volume of 48%, you should have nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom