Recording from sound card to sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooviewhacker

Solid State Member
I've just bought a new GA-7N400-L1 gigabyte motherboard that has onboard sound - usually I stay away from onboard stuff cos it's crap, but this is actually better than my old SB pci64. In my haste to assembe my new toy, I inadvertantly installed my old sound card anyway.

After searching the internet for a decent audio capture tool (and not finding one - that I could crack :p), I was wondering if I can record from one sound card to another? If I enter (in say sound recorder or soundforge) the input device from my on board device, and the output device from my pci card, can I record from one to the other? i.e. internet radio stations, streaming, etc?

If this can't be done software-wise, can I just plug a cable from line out in one to line in on the other, or will using both cause conflicts?

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Good thought, might be possible, but although you're going to have both the PCI and onboard using output, I couldn't see how it would take the input from the same basic device at the same time... try it though and we'll see what happens, i'll give it a shot tomorrow after work though and i'll let you know if something happens

Interesting... :) I'm not sure I'm clear on how both devices will use output...

If the default device (onboard) is receiving the internet stream, for example, and is outputting that to the pci device, isn't this only one output? Or does the pci device have to 'output' the stream into the recording program? I'd try it now but I don't have a cord - hopefully I can return tomorrow and compare notes with you, Demalii.

Cheers!

I'm using XP pro - i'm not planning on using the same application to play and record. I'm thinking more like trying to record a real player live stream with a media recorder like sound forge or even windows sound recorder.

I thought there might be a problem with conflicts, but I'd be interested to see if anyone has sorted them out.

I'm still kinda busy, too tired to do testing lol, but tomorrow on saturday i'm going to give the sound card transfer dohika deal a shot lol... anyways, we'll see what happens (Audigy 2 to Nvidia2 onboard sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom