Recording problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjtcorsair

Beta member
I built a computer a couple of weeks ago (my first), for the most part it's all working fine. My problem comes into play when I record audio using digital audio software through my Echo Layla pci sound card. This is a setup that has been tried and true for me for years and years with my last computer. I'm able to play back pre-existing tracks fine but when it comes to recording new sound (guitar, keyboards, etc.) the recordings are unusable. They are essentially digital hash on top of the recorded signal. I've concluded that it's not the software (I've tried 3 different programs). It's not the internal hard drive (I've tried recording to a usb drive as well) and it's not the pci bus (I've tried the sound card in two different slots). I've disabled the onboard Soundmax HD audio in BIOS to no avail also. I've tried different clock settings (44.1, 48k), also no help. I've tried 3 different drivers for the sound card and I've got the most current bios for the MB.

Again, when I play through the card without recording, the signal sounds fine but when I record and play it back, it's a digitally distorted mess.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom