Recording myself when I sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntherevelato

Solid State Member
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this sort of thing:

I want to record myself when I'm sleeping to see if I talk in my sleep.
Presumably, I will have to get a microphone and put it near my head when I sleep.

I currently have a chat headset that has a mic but I'm not sure if that's sensitive
enough.

Clearly, there's a problem with length of time. If I'm sleeping 7 hours, then
I am not going to be able to record to MD or cassette.

So, I need to hook the microphone up to my computer to record the 7 hours.

I don't know exactly how I would do this, but it should all be fairly easy.

However, when I get the recording on to the computer, rather than listen to the 7
hours straight to find out if I have said anything, is there a way whereby I can get
the program to go straight to the points on the file (MP3 presumably) where there is noise (talking).

Thx.

lol, heres something you can try. use Windows movie maker.
Open it up and go to the record audio function. You can probably set the record length there as far as I can remember from my use of it. then go to sleep with the Mic near you, and in the morning finish it and leave it to create the sound file (this will probably take a long time as its a 7 hour file). Then drag the sound file into the movie timeline. It should appear as a graph, now you can quickly scan the graph for disturbances which will be any loud noises made during your sleeping time such as you talking. Good luck
Let us know if you find anything.

Use a program like sony sound forge.

Start recording for the night. When you finish recording, you will be able to see the audio on the monitor.

It will be a straight line for silince, and look like mt everest when your making noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom