Recording music of DVD onto CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtf761

Beta member
This is my first post, and if you read my intro, you know i'm a beginner - so forgive my naivette. :cool:

I have a DVD of Cyndi Lauper live in concert and I want to take the music on that DVD and put it onto a CD that will play on a CD player.

1.) Is that even possible?

2.) The obvious - how?

My guess is that I would need some sort of converter to convert the video format to a purely audio format, then copy onto CD?

:confused:

Mmmmmm...Cyndi Lauper....:):):) The original MTV chick.

*throws on a Lauper CD as he types*

Depending on the DVD, you should be able to rip the sound off rather easily. You'll need to fool around a bit to not only find the right codec, but also how the tracks are laid out. There's a multitude of decoders on the web for doing this. You'll just have to pick some and try them out. Watch for sound quality. Also, as I said above, you may need to edit the tracks, depending on how they're encoded. A lot of times the tracks are just segmented sections of live recording, so you get all the non-song stuff mixed right in, which can suck.

I also need to point out that this is borderline illegal. A live version of the album is usually available on CD at the store or online somewhere. I'm not narrow enough that I haven't done this myself, but just be sure you keep the ripped files to yourself. While it can be argued that you have the right to listen to the files as you want, you definately do not have the right to throw them up on a P2P or hand the CD around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom