Recording movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emper0r

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I bought a web cam and tried recording some movies. I used "Windows Movie Maker" and used the default .wmv format to record in but... the quality was absolutely terrible. Can anyone tell me what the best format to record in is in Windows Movie Maker or in general?

mess with movie maker some more...or actually realize or pay attention to what you are doing...not being insulting...my home movies can be in low res or HD res, in wmv format

mess with movie maker some more...or actually realize or pay attention to what you are doing...not being insulting...my home movies can be in low res or HD res, in wmv format

So do you just use the wmv format when you record? You're right, there's probably a resolution setting or something of the sort that I've missed.

i prefer to stick with wmv...sometimes if someone can't play something, i'll try to convert it to mpg or avi
I believe the final step is how you determine how it encodes your file...let me take a quick look again at the res I just did...

i'm using vista...
in the section "publish this to" choose "this computer"
pic a name/folder...then pick your format...you should be able to see all your options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom