recording audio to cool edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiceman

Beta member
I have Windows XP. I have Cool Edit Pro 1.1. I am trying to record audio through my computer's sound card (turntable via computer input). I can heard the audio through my computer, but Cool Edit has no record level. How do I get Cool Edit to "hear" the computer's audio?

you need to go to cool edit pro option there. and there must be an option to change your record source. if you find it, change it to sound card's line in. hope this will work. :)

recording in Cool Edit

At this point, I only have Cool Edit.

And BTW - I used this same setup when I had Windows 98, and it worked fine. When I put in a new hard drive, and moved up to XP, Cool Edit wouldn't record.

WE-HA - I have already tied your suggestion. I only have one audio card....one input....and that's selected.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

hmm, is your soundcard's driver installed correctly? this maybe some kind of driver problem on xp.

Well, I solved my problem, sparked by We-Ha's last post. In doing a lot of searching, here's were I found the key:

Control Panel - Sounds & Audio Devices Properties

Clicked on the Audio tab

Under Sound Recording, clicked on Volume

Up pops Recording Control, with 3 volume levels, one for CD Player, one for Line IN, and one for Mic. CD player was checked. I checked Line IN (which, BTW, deactivated CD), and there it was.....audio recording in Cool Edit. Afre adjusting the level some, it was perfect!

Thanks for all who suggested, and I hope this may help someone in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom