recorded noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1lco

Beta member
ANYONE!

i was at a concert a few days ago and recorded it LEGALLY with the recording function of my ipod-knockoff. unfortunately, the music was too loud for the recorder, so whenever it reached a certain volume level, there is a loud fuzzy/crackling noise.
is there any way to filter this out?
please help me.

no. the best you can do is take the overall volume down so it won't sound as bad.

Eric is correct here....the best you can do is record at lower volumes and then when editiing the wave you ultramaximize the wave to the sample limit. That brings the track volume up and also increases the back ground noise. There is no substitute for professinal recording gear!!!

Yes there is a way. Easy? NO. If you know how to use a parametric EQ, you can at least reduce it. Most people dont know how to do this and it is very tedious trying to find the exact frequency of that distortion and cutting it out without affecting the sound. This is exactly why police LOVE sound engineers. IF you give us a tape, then we can tweak it in a way that if you have someone talking in a party, we can actually make them louder and more audible than the rest of the party. Its not an easy job, but it can be done.

I dont know if you know about this stuff or not, but if you do, a good parametric EQ will do it if you know how to use it. If not, your screwed. Without affecting the quality of the audio, there isn't much you can do without getting deep into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom