recommendation to you audio nerds :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
how about a audio card ranking thread? and one for speakers? I see a ton of people going around asking "which audio card is better" or "which is for me" blah blah blah...so why not a post that lists how good they are? maybe more in debt like "XXX is the best for the XXXX price range" ..could possibly do the same for speakers have have it into 2.1/5.1/7.1 categories.

just something i was thinking about...please don't hurt me :(

Nice idea i guess :) Problem is people usually come on here requesting speakers and headphones for a specific purpose, of which only some headphones/speakers may be good at. And people's opinions differ on what makes a good and bad speaker - So i don't think it would work to well.

Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe other audio enthusiasts will carry out your idea - just my opinion.

great point. I'm sure you could do it..you would just have to have a lot of categories and not just a basic list of best..

or maybe instead of a ranking...just make a thread with a lot of popular cards/speakers/headses and give their ups and downs...

i dunno...just some way to help people without having to ask much

It could be done, but whether i can be bothered to make massive list of different speakers/'phones/soundcards for each use is a different matter entirely :p

what about eric then? he seems really intelligent when it comes to this type of thing. surely 2-3 of you guys can come up with a basic list :p

This wont really work, theres way too many speakers/headphones/soundcards on the market for it.

Its not cut and dry like pc hardware. Theres only two major CPU makers, and two major GPU makers. The same cant be said for audio gear, theres a crapload of manufacturers which are all good.

This wont really work, theres way too many speakers/headphones/soundcards on the market for it.

list for video cards...and nvidia renames once a week...so it can't be to much harder. Plus, as i said you could just make a simple list of the most popular cards and give the general pros and cons of each

list for video cards...and nvidia renames once a week...so it can't be to much harder. Plus, as i said you could just make a simple list of the most popular cards and give the general pros and cons of each

Yeah nVidia may rename them once a week. But i know of at least a dozen different sound card makers. Trying to make a list of each card, their pros and cons and who they would be best for?

Aitn gonna happen mate. Who has that kind of money to spend on that much different hardware to test every single sound card out?

Even just the popular cards is tough cause once you find one that works for you, you dont tend to switch it up unless you really have to.

Not to mention audio is more subjective than video cards. At least with those you can do a benchmark test or something.

If i say that the Augidy 2ZS is the best card out there and you should get it alogn will come Rican, Crysalis, and Eric with stuff to say about it and tell you of another sound card that they think is better. There is no real benchmark for sound cards. There is what you like and what works for you.

brb need to go slit my wrist...thanks mak for ruining my dreams :((((

nah seriously...i just thought it was a semi-neat idea. I'm sure there is some way you could make a very basic list. I'm sure you guys can agree that certain cards are better and that certain cards are crap..you know, that type of thing

As said before, the list would have to be updated daily with the amount of manufacturers bringing new cards and speakers to the market. Isn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom