Recommend me a solid audio card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giancarlo

Banned
I need a solid audio card that is better then the Soundstorm Integrated system in my computer. I have a Juster Avia DHT-630 5.1 Surround System... yeah it is a very odd looking speaker set, but it produces some great sound. But I need a better card. I just feel I don't have enough value with it.

I'm going to be buying a case pretty soon, and with that order I decided to go with a new sound card. Are the USB ones any good? And what can I get for less then $90 that produces this excellent sound? I don't need something loaded with features, but just something that offers great performance.

http://iocombo.com/product/showproduct.php?productid=09P1 - That's my speaker system. As you can see it is $149, and it is depressing I don't have a better sound system for it.

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 THX is my favorite. Check newegg.com for prices.

Any Audigy 2 should be well within your price range, as already indicated by other posters. About those USB ones though: they're meant for laptop owners who want better sound. There's not enough bandwidth in USB 1.1 to have the features or quality of a PCI sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom