Realtek AC97 sound card driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would right click the one you're having problems with in device manager and select disable. then turn the pc off open and insert the card, boot it up, and with a new card comes that wonderful cd with the drivers... no more searching the web (untill later when you need to update the drivers ;) )

Edit: depending on the motherboard, :::winks at southernlady::: the onboard audio may automatically disable it self when it detects a new audio card, many onboard video devices will do this.

i think i'll probably end up getting a new sound card since xmas is coming up. i'll just have to overcome the hurdle of finding out what'll work with my p.c. woe.

oh, to have everything i need on a cd. i'm having problems with my monitor too, but overcoming my sound problem is more important.

just in case my post before didn't work (or you've forgotten about me) i have the following information which may or may not be handy:

Operating System: Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222)
System Model Asset Tag: 0123ABC
Processor (a): 1000 megahertz AMD Duron
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
64 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Main Circuit Board (b): Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97

go to their (mobo or realtek) website. download the driver file. it will be in 1 of 2 formats

1. just the driver

2. a program to install it

now most program installs (no.2) are in a compress format (.cab .zip .rar) if you have winrar right click the file and extract it to a directory (my documents, etc)

click the add new hardware wizard. when it ask for a cd, choose the from a specific location option. browse to the Extract folder or the driver folder the has your OS driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom