REALLY Confused - Youtube Aspect Ratio / After Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm66554

Baseband Member
Right I dunno where to post this, I couldn't see any section for software apart from this one... so... I have a D90, it records in 16:9 720p (1280 x 720) @ 24FPS. I set up a composition in After Effects with these settings:

Width: 1280
Height: 720
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)
Frame Rate: 24
Resolution: Full

Now when I go to render the video with MPEG4 I get this error:

"Warning: Output file will be resized from 1280 x 720 (1.33 PAR) to 720 x 470 (1.21 PAR) to meet format constraints."

All I have to say is WTF? I have tried exporting as Quicktime .mov, and everything is fine, but when its MPEG4 then nooo and what's worse is that Youtube uses the MPEG4 format for its videos, meaning if I upload the Quicktime version not only does it double-compress it (technically triple compress as the source is already compressed), but it changes the resolution to 720 x 480 (just like in After Effects MPEG4 export).

Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong? I know MPEG4 can have 1280 x 720... there are people uploading D90 recorded videos to Youtube with it keeping the original size.

Thanks.

Well, you can get a program to convert the file once you export it from after effects, I use Aimersoft converter I have found it can convert from and into many formats and is easy to use, just drag video into Aimersoft and choose what you want it to convert into. Also Youtube has recently changed their format so the aspect ratio is now 16:9 instead of 4:3 you can adjust the ratio by typing in the "tags" when you edit/upload your video and type yt:crop=16:9 or yt: stretch=4:3 try playing around with the aspects part once you get there, I am still having trouble with that part, myself. Hope this helps. Also youtube can upload videos from many different formats such as avi or wmv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom