Real Time Sound Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humy

Beta member
Hello,

I have a computer karaoke system, and I have a microphone plugged into my computer's soundcard and I can only use the microphone with no effects. I am looking for some type of software that will let me add REAL-TIME on the fly effects to voice with the microphone. So therefore the software would take the mic input, then add some effects to the voice such as echo,hall or something, then it would send that effected sound out of my soundcard and to my speakers. I see the software which lets you add effects, but you HAVE to record your regular voice or singing FIRST, then you can add effects and save the file. I don't really neccessarily want to record, I just want to add real-time effects on the fly.

I have a "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS" sound card and I'm interested if I can get some drivers for my sound card to make me this sound effects or can you tell me what software(freeware,shareware) I can find on internet for my needs.

Thank you,Humy.

Well....you've now crossed over into the audio hardware zone. Let me get this straight...you are doing live Karaoke with this setup? If you are, then what you want casues you to drift into the world of external effects processors. You might want to look on ebay for a cheap effects processor like a half rack unit or full rack mount. Go to ebay and look under musical instruments/pro audio/ signal processors and then look for older ART products.
Or call creative labs and ask them if their cards support realtime audio signal processing (reverb, delay etc) from the mic input side. I doubt you can do that from a typical soundcard. The last ART multiverb unit I bought on Ebay cost $20 and was wonderful!

Hello I have drivers that came with my soundcard (POS C-media soundcard :p) and they add realtime effects on the fly. But it adds the effects to all the music that plays on your computer.

Cool...for the Mic but not the music. Thanks...I didn't realize! Too bad it woun't just let you demand the effects on the Mic line. interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom