Re:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin.C

Fully Optimized
Re:

Helloo,

Firstly...if it's a retail DVD...tut tut....:D

Secondly, ripping DVD's to fit on a CD-R needs some form of compression...because of data size. Average CD-Rs can store only about 600MB of data, so converting it to AVI format would probably not be enough. However this does depend on what DVD you wish to rip. For example, a Shrek 2 DVD would not rip successfully to AVI format onto a CD-R, but a small trailer DVD might. You could also try eliminating the uneeded data streams such as audio commentaries, special features and foriegn languages (which can be removed in programs like DVD Shrink prior to burning).

Unfortunately, the best way to rip a DVD would be to convert it to DivX format, with some compression. However, the data would still be large, and even though it fits onto a CD-R, large videos of a movie aren't practical for a PowerPoint Presentation. It might be better to rip an entire DVD, and crop certain scenes to include in your PowerPoint presentation.

The 'going about ripping and converting' is tricky also, as I don't have much of a clue (any n e ideas?). I know that you can rip a DVD to your Hard Drive using DVD Shrink (as you suggested), but converting it to AVI or DivX format would be tedious...and i dunno n e free software which can handle such a task. Hope this helps.

Again...not crazy!!!!

Hello,

Ummm apologies...again...for the third time. I keep clicking 'Post a Topic' instead of 'Post a Reply'. It's late...i'm tired....they look similar....I thinks it's an illness I have....and i don't have admin privilages to delete this topic either! Please, if you are a psychiatrist...get in contact...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom