radio on z-5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzzaB

Solid State Member
i got a radio, i got logitech z-5500

ok now...
i have my z-5500 (mmmm 10inch subby) connected to the onboard sound via coax. when i plug in the radio into the line in, i dont get any sound data going to the speakers. i can record then play though.

but meh! i want to listen to the radio through the z-5500

hey and before all you fellow z-5500 owners tell me to use the line in on the speaker control unit, i dont want to use that because that requires effort when i have to change to direct input for radio, but whenever i wanna use the computer i gotta change back to coax input. i'm the sort of person who controls the his computer with remote controls from his bed.

if you cant already tell, i'm a bum. so yeah any suggestions will be good! anything, even if it requires me to set fire to my brothers room (hehehe got the z5500 because i like to accidently have my subby on full and, gosh, how clumbsy of me, accidently press play with the speakers on full bast at 3am).

and yes, if this is inspiration to you, here is a photo of my beastly baby sitter.
room.jpg

yeah, so, yeah thanks

make sure the Line In volume is not muted in the Volume Controls panel.

(i hope i understood the question correctly)

hahaha, yeah its unmuted. i think its becase my onboard sound only streams audio from the line in to the analog outputs, but yeah those analog outputs on the onboard soundcard give a harsh, hissy and dodgy sound compared to the digital out.

i'm inclined to think that, no actually i'm positive now that this problem is just a limitation of the onboard sound chipset.

what soundcard would be able to stream an analog input to the digital out. hmm maybe no card can do that.... hmmm, yeah it kinda defeats the purpose of digital audio, but yeah if someone could suggest a good soundcard. i've heard alot about the Audigy. but can that card digitally connect to the z5500, i have a SB live and it has a digital output, but doesnt work with the z5500.

My Maya 1010 has the ability to mix all input, whether digital or analog, to its digital output. I just tested this by recording from the Audigy SPDIF-in, which I had connected to the Maya's SPDIF-out. Unfortunately, the Audigy 2 ZS does not allow me to hear a device connected to SPDIF-in.

I'm not suggesting you get this audio interface (it's not cheap), but I'm just letting you know it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom