QuickTime sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiranworms

Fully Optimized
QuickTime sound problem

I don't know if I'm the only one with this case, but QuickTime has a problem on my WindowsXP computer. While the video looks fine, the sound is choppy, and comes through in bits and pieces. Anyone else had this problem or knows a solution? This doesn't come through streaming Windows Media or Real One player either, so it's the program, or the compatibility with my computer or sound driver or such.

Quicktime Sound Problem

The problem can be simply solved by installing the manufacturer's sound card driver instead of using the driver with Windows XP.

Hello forum, :)

I dont' have a sound card on my system. It is a built-in chipset thingy called PC'97 or AC'97 or something.

Windows Media Playing seems to work fine but .mov files playing in Quicktime are as described in the first post.

One problem you might be experiencing is that QT doesn't know your connection speed. If that's not it, you may need to reinstall quicktime.
you can do this @ www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
I have had problems with this kind of behavior with the PC's at school. You may have a strange firewall setup also. Look through your QT prefs. and see what you come up with.

Seamus Warren said:
Hello forum, :)

I dont' have a sound card on my system. It is a built-in chipset thingy called PC'97 or AC'97 or something.

Windows Media Playing seems to work fine but .mov files playing in Quicktime are as described in the first post.

The onboard sound card still has drivers you can download, go to the motherboard manufacturers website and look for the model of sound card, then you can find the drivers for that card.

Yep, it's all about the drivers. When ever i have a problem with my computer i just get a new driver and it has fixed my problems 95 percent of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom