Questions about an application that edits video dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech091

Beta member
Hi, I am planning on developing an application that allows the user to remove and replace character dialogue in movies. An application that identifies and removes lyrics from songs already exists, we will use that application as a basis and apply it to movies. Our application will remove all the dialogues from a movie, it will analyze each scene and identify how many different voices are present and translate that number into layers. For example if a particular scene in “Friends” has 3 characters, Joe, Chandler and Monica, the Application will create 3 editable layers and remove all of the dialogue between the three people. The user will then be able to record their voice on those layers and make it as though they are the ones acting in the show/movie, all they will require is a microphone.

I would like to know if an application such as this already exists. I have done my research and so far have not found any software exactly the same as our idea but i would like to be 100% certain and would appreciate it if you guys tell me whether you have encountered a programs such as this before.

I would also like to know if this type of software can be considered as plagiarism.

This is my idea for my college thesis and I would greatly appreciate some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom