Ps2 to Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmsmcniff

Solid State Member
Hello, I am looking for a way to connect my Ps2 to my computer and watch on either a TFT screen or a CRT (depending on which works better i've heard CRT play the ps2 better).

I know i need a Tv tuner card but im not sure what i need, internal or external. Which would be the best Tv tuner device for me?

Thanks alot :)

Re:

Hello,

Internal...external...doesn't matter really.

Just make sure you buy one that seems reliable. The main thing you want to look out for is the maximum video resolution it supports.

TV Tuner cards can be great. You can watch and record anything you input into the card. But the problem is you're going to have to turn on your PC every time you want to play your PS2. Also, the quality of the image can depend on the performance of your PC.

A solution to this is to buy and use a VGA scan converter box. Tonnes of these are available on the Internet. Was gonna get one myself some time ago, but I bought an external USB digital tuner instead (though I have no digital signal where I live :( ).

Anyways...

m16882sd.jpg

Instead you plug your console to this device. The converter plugs straight into your graphics card, the your monitor plugs into the scan converter.

Now, you can switch between your PC's output and a secondary output (whether it be the VCR, TV or PS2)...with or without the PC being turned on!

eBay sell alot of these. Resolution is also important with a scan converter (the higher the better).

I really wouldn't go for a USB tuner. Get a PCI one, as it will be way faster and of higher quality.

I would also look at the View Sonic Video Processor. My friend has one and it seems to work just fine. The model he has is an Next Vision N4. It has a 1024 x 768 @ 60Hz max res and a S-Video on it. You can buy it off Amazon for 70 bucks. I figure it would be better to go with something of better quality, and you'll be much happier. View Sonic also sells 2 models up from that. The Next Vision 5 which sells for MSRP: 150 which can handle res at 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz. Heres a link:
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/tventertainment/tvvideoprocessors/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom