Problems with sound win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apx

Baseband Member
I have good old Craetive Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card which worked good for me for a long time, but now i'm having some problems with it.. Sometimes when i boot my win2k and try to play sound file (doesn't matter with what program or what kind of file) the program witch tries to play it crashes. then you can do what ever you wan't but you will not hear any sound... all programs which uses sound doesn't work.. you can't even start any games.. then when i try to restart my pc, after closing explorer windows crashes (shows only background and mouse, you can't do anything). then after pressing the best key on PC named "reset" windows boots normaly and everything is working normally...
Please help smb :)

That card should work fine in 2k. What directX version are you using (start/run type: "dxdiag")
You can also try other soundcard drivers.

I'm using Directx 9.0c
I've installed all windows updates
tried original drivers from creative webpage and still have the same problem..

i'm beginning to think that i will have to run that good old command "format c:" and start everything from the beginning.. god i hate that.. :(

TheMajor said:
You can format using the 2k disc.

Believe me i know that... i just don't have much time for reinstalling my windows and it would take at least two days till i would install all the software and configure everything the way i want.. So i think i will delay this till next vacation..

Problem solved.. :)

installed this:
File Description: Creative Labs Audio PCI SB5880 Version 5.12.1.4119
Version: 5.12.1.4119
Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) 2000 and Windows XP
Part Number: 9522211\7513100
Date: 03/14/2003

everything now is ok while for some reason with drivers downloaded from creative had so many problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom