problems with sound going into PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I have got a problem with my PC. It is an old one using a Creative Labs CT 5803, (yeah that old).
i was using yahoo messenger, and i am getting sound from the other side, but no sound going from this side.

how can i test that my sound card is working properly. and if it is not, does any one know how to fix it

ok sorry about the misunderstanding. first of all make sure the microhone is inserted in the correct input. second, the messenger comes with a sound test. do it and see if you succeed. also, try to record with windows sound recorder. check the volume settings. double-click the litttle speaker in the system tray, go to Options->Recording and make sure that microphone is checked. then, if all fails, try another microphone. lastly, get a new sound card man!

p.s. could be a network issue. are you attempting this over dial-up?

the microphone is attached to the right input
i did a soundtest, the indicator(green, yellow,red bar) stayed kinf oconstant in the green area, moving a bit but still within the green area

i tried a different microphone, i will try a third one.

it does not seem to be a network issue, i have a second computer on the network, and yahoo chat works on it fine except that sometimes it is not possible to type in the text box!!
and you have to logout and log back in the machine

Make sure ..that ur microphone volume is not muted ..( this is a very common problem)

THe green bar should move ..when u speak into the mic .. Only if it moves,then the mic is working

Also ..u can check on ur voulme control screen under Microphone volume ..there's an Advanced button... Click on it n' select Mic Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom