Problem with soundcard/speakers and vista-32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direland

In Runtime
Hi guys, new member here so be gentle =]

I have a problem with my speakers/soundcard and vista-32 that has been bugging me for a while now. I'm usually good with PCs and hardware since it's my job, but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 with EAX support (PCI) connected to the Novatech 2500 Watt 5.1 set of speakers.

Now my problem is that when I turn the speakers on, there is no bass, I have to go manually turn it on in the control centre (except for crysis which is strange). That's not so bad, but when I plug in any portable media (Pen Drive, USB Card Reader) or open the CD Drive, my speakers cut out and my music stops playing in whatever player I'm using at the time. The only way to fix it is to close the media player, put my speaker settings to default, turn bass back on then reopen the media player to continue playing.

I'm up to date with all the drivers as well.

Any ideas as to why it does this or if there is a way to fix it?

Much appreciated

Regards,
Direland

The pack you directed me to does not support my Audigy SE soundcard.

SB Audigy Value/SE/LS & Live! 24-bit Vista Support Pack. This one would do it, however when I click the link it directs me to filefront's homepage instead of taking me to the file and I can't find the file on the site.

Any ideas?

Thanks, will let you know how it goes once it's finished downloading =]

It's appreciated Mak :)

*UPDATE*

Downloaded the file, tried everything and I do mean everything (uninstall old drivers, install new ones, etc) and it's still not compatible.

The new drivers aren't compatible with my soundcard, neither is the .Iso file that came with them.

Methinks I'll have to buy another soundcard that isn't an SE edition. =/

Right I did what you said, downloaded Driver Cleaner Pro, uninstalled my creative programs/drivers, ran the Cleaner, restarted and then tried running both the .Iso file and the Vista pack and....

Nothing.

The .Iso still says that it can't find any compatible hardware =/ as does the Vista pack (although there's nothing to patch so it wouldn't find anything)

I've also tried using theVista pack with my original Creative drivers and that still doesn't work.

I've made sure everything has been removed from my machine, repeatedly.

Strange. Have you mounted the image to do this? Apparently. I dont get it. I have used this on several machines and it has worked. Let me see if i can find a better version.

I think i found the issue. It lies in the REgistry.. The old Registry keys are there and that is what is causing the failure. There is a post in ther on how to do all this.

I have Windows Vista Premium and worked installed official creative driver for Creative Audigy 4. After i uninstall official driver step by step how you say:

1) Firstly begin by totally uninstalling anything with the Creative tag on it.
Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Programs > Uninstall a program

2) Next we need to remove any tricky start up entries, again anything Creative must go.
Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Programs > Change startup programs

3) Now we need to remove Creative registry entries, and there's quite a few.

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Creative Tech
* HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\ASIO

4) Remove these files/folders:

* C:\Windows\System32\BMX*.rfx
* C:\Windows\System32\Data
* C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Data *(64-bit only)
* C:\Windows\{*.BAK
* C:\Windows\{*.CDF *Under Vista, requires additional actions to be successfully deleted, see below.
* C:\Windows\CTDCRES.DLL
* C:\Windows\System32\cttele32.dll
* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTOSS2K.SYS
* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTSFM2K.SYS
* C:\Program Files\Creative (delete whole folder)
* C:\Windows\CTXFIRES.DLL
* C:\Windows\CTPRES.DLL
* C:\Windows\Updreg.EXE

Try doing this. Sorry it is such a long process to get working. :(

Mak, don't worry about it, I'll do everything possible before I shell out for another soundcard.

Now then, tried it this morning. Manually went through the registry and deleting all the files the quote mentioned as well as checking with Cleaner Pro again. Ran the .Iso from the disc as well as mounting it. Still did nothing. Came up with "cannot find any compatible software", which was odd. =/

I also checked the Readme for both the .Iso files and the Vista Pack. The Vista Pack says it supports the Audigy series apart from Audigy SE =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom