problem with realtek alc860

Status
Not open for further replies.

progfrog

Beta member
Hello!
I have just bought a new pc with an onboard audio driver - "Realtek high defenition audio alc 860"
for some reason the line in connection does not work and in the windows control panel the recording device option is not enabled at all.
as much as i know, this audio driver has the ability to work as a surround audio card and the line in can be assigned as a "rear left and rear right" outputs instead of the line input, and that in order to assign the inputs to eather surround or normal inputs/outputs i need to use the realtek control panel, but the problem is that the realtek software application does not work either, and after downloading different types of drivers from several sites (including intel wich is the manufacture of my motherboard) it still does'nt work...
I really need to find out why this is happening and how to fix this problem as fast as i can because i use this PC for my work as an audio editor, and i need the line in to work so i can record from external devices such as minidiscs to my computer.
I will really apreciate any kind of help.

My PC:
Intel D915pcy motherboard
3 Gigs, 64 bit
512mb DDR2 - 533MHz
Windows XP pro (32 bit)

My suggestion to you is to look into a Audiotrak usb audio recording interface and bypass your soundcard: Go here:
http://www.audiotrak.net/ and check out the Maya 44 USB You can input to your hard drive any wave format. These are very reasonably priced and will forever solve the hassle of trying to record on your soundcard which, basically, sucks!! :)

first of all thanx for your help,
I can not and do not want to buy anything for my pc to fix\bypass this problem, i want the Realtek software and the line input to work, and there has to be a way...
EricB: I have allready downloaded that version of the realtek software before and it has the same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom