problem with mics

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
i have two different mics that connect via mini stereo jack. i have two laptops one win 7 the other vista. For both laptops, i can record my voice without connecting the mic. I use windows sound recorder for initial testing. When i plug either mic into either laptop, the mics record no sound. It seems ass backwards to me. I can record without the mics plugged in, but cannot with them plugged in. Both mics have switches for off and on. I make sure both are switched on. i have two options shown in control panel sound for microphone. one is microphone - soundmax integrated audio. this one records when the jack is unplugged. but no sound when it is plugged. the other is line in - soundmax integrated audio. this one doesn't record anything and i tried disabling. i tried switching default device and default communication device to all the different devices. im not sure what to do next

i have two different mics that connect via mini stereo jack. i have two laptops one win 7 the other vista. For both laptops, i can record my voice without connecting the mic. I use windows sound recorder for initial testing. When i plug either mic into either laptop, the mics record no sound. It seems ass backwards to me. I can record without the mics plugged in, but cannot with them plugged in. Both mics have switches for off and on. I make sure both are switched on. i have two options shown in control panel sound for microphone. one is microphone - soundmax integrated audio. this one records when the jack is unplugged. but no sound when it is plugged. the other is line in - soundmax integrated audio. this one doesn't record anything and i tried disabling. i tried switching default device and default communication device to all the different devices. im not sure what to do next

Before I say or do anything host up both of your system specs please.
What you're saying doesn't make a whole lot of since without the hardware specs.

two standard personal laptops. one vista the other windows 7. both with soundmax integrated audio.

i dont understand why you would need any other specs. i think this is a windows config issue.

two standard personal laptops. one vista the other windows 7. both with soundmax integrated audio.

i dont understand why you would need any other specs. i think this is a windows config issue.

Last time I'll say this, if I don't get any info on your laptop specs.
I'm at a disadvantage to help you out correctly.
I read your first post and what you're describing really does not make any sense.

Give me the info so I can research it and see if maybe able to whip up a fix for it.

Back
Top Bottom