Problem with microphone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
Hello all, last night, my Microphone was running good. I use it on Ventrilo (real life talking communication) and in CounterStrike.

Well, today, i went on Ventrilo and they said it sounds like "white sound". I tried it on Counterstrike, and they cant hear me.

So i thought it was my microphone, but i got a new one and still does same thing.

Any idea's?

KiDrIoT69,

Dont you see a small volume icon in your system tray [bottom right in your monitor]?

If it's not there then try this

click Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Entertainment-> Volume Control. Remove the check mark if its there for the headphone option.

KiDrIoT69,

Okay, if you have anyother application running at the system tray that possibly uses your headphone [like chat s/w ...etc] ,disable them.try again.
Fiddle with the 'sounds & audio' settings in the control panel too..and just make sure that headphone is connected at the right pin.

System tray meaning?

With my head set, i didnt put in a sound card because i was in a hurry when i put this comp together (Not that i did a sloppy job).

So when i plug it in, i can only plug in mic part, not head set.

Also, could it have something to do with speaker set up?

Like, its set to 5.1 surround sound speakers, but with no sound card, it only comes from the main speaker. Could that cause a problem?

If they say it's white sound that means its on but its not recieving any voice. Try taking it out and plugging it back in, other than that I don't know. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom