problem with creative gigaworks speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpudel

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have audigy 2 zs and creative gigaworks 7.1 speakers.
I've had trouble with playng at least 5.1 sound in dvd movies. I've finally solve this problem with a proper ac3 codec. But I have another problem: My front speakers play much louder the all others, and i don't know what i can do with it. If i decrase volume of front speakers everything is too quiet, no mather that this speakers are very powerfull. Is there anybody who can hel me ? Please ask if You need more information.

That's how surround sound is encoded. The effects channels in the rear are supposed to immerse you and make your ears think it's real. They are not supposed to be loud so they can blend seamlessly with the main channel. When you hear a whisper in the background or you hear a plane fly from left to right it's supposed to seem realistic. If you want to output equal volume to all your speakers look for an option that outputs stereo surround either on the device properties of the sound card or an option within the media player.

Thank you ekÆsine. Everythink you've written seems to be right. I had been thinking that i had configured something wrong, but if it shoud work like you said, everythink is ok.

I have another question. I have installed ac3 filter 0.7b, and when i'm trying to watch DVD movie on WMP10, I choose tools->options->dvd->advanced and here i can see ac3 filter console. It looks like ac3-filter have only 2 chanels input, but it modify this signal for 5 chanels output. I think that something is wrong, dvd movie should give 5 chanels output. What do you think about it?

tpudel I am guessing that although you have surround sound speakers, you only have a stereo sound card or it is not setup properly (device drivers). What is the model name of your sound card?

if you see greyed out options for 6speaker (5.1) like this that means your sound card might not support surround sound:

SB audigy 2 zs is not a stereo sound card :). In this codec(interVideo) I have option you've written about enabled. But i don't know if it works ok. On ac3 filter there is only 2 chanel input - I don't know if I have something configured wrong or ac3 filter 0.7 has a bug.

tpudel I'm not sure what the AC3 filter is. Could you show me a screenprint of it or give me some links? What is it supposed to do?

Ac3 filter 0.7b can be downloaded from http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/.
After installation of this codec, start dvd movie on wmp, and go to the same console i've been written about. You will have there ac3 filter console instead of inter video console. This console tells me, that it has only to chanels input.
You can check it if you want. But you have solved my problem, i have uninstalled ac3 filter, and installed intervideo codec, and dvd movies are ok now. Than you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom