PRO Sound card options??

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct the MOTU is the recording side and the Lite DAC 60

so would the extrememusic card be a good gaming audio card? or should i spend the extra like 75 bucks and get the fatal1ty card?

The fatal1ty would be pointless as you cant use the xram with a dac. I would get the xtrememusic.

i understand the DAC thing but for the gaming aspect of using my card. would it be better for gaming to spend the extra money on the fatal1ty? i want good gaming sound for when im not recording would the xtrememusic or the fatal1ty be better gaming card?

You can use the DAC with gaming as well, but you might not want to. If you have computer speakers that will hook up to the analog output of the x-fi then you could just use that for gaming and not the dac. The dac hooks up to the digital coax or optical out. I would still get the xtrememusic but its up to you.

k but which is a better card for gaming if im not using the DAC for games? ive heard good things about the xtrememusic but if the fatal1ty is sooo amazingly better i can easily justify spending 75 bucks on a great card that will last through new tech changes than just buy a good card and have to replace it in a year.

The only difference in the fatal1ty for gaming is the x-ram. everything else is the same. And as I pointed out, the x-ram is pretty pointless because hardly any games even support it, and the ones that do all the reviews say they dont see any framerate increase or notice better sound with it enabled. If you want it for some kind of future proofing or something like that then it wouldnt HURT to have it, you would just be saving some money without it.

wait so the xtrememusic has all the surround simulation stuff as the other cards?... pffff k xtrememusic it is

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom