pro.2 head phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just taking a quick look at the frequency response, that is a crazy good frequency response, even for speakers. Now the question is... is it true.

I mean, my B&W speakers response range is 45hz to 50khz. Their top speaker, the nautilus, has a frequency response of 10hz to 25khz. Those headphones say they play down to 3hz. I have a very hard time believing that. Maybe headphones are different but to my knowledge, which is still rather limited, that is pretty insane.

Either way though, I'm sure they sound pretty dang good. Give them a try and see if you like them. Who cares if headphones are ugly, you will probably use them most at your comp where nobody sees you.

yea they soudn wicked clear they are monitor quality head phones, and there there top of the line ones she payed liek 150+ for them like 2/3 years ago, they can be had for about 80$ if you shop around but i can agree they sound awsome.

2/3 years ago my PC was top of the line. I paid top dollar for it. :S

See how that comment doesnt really make much sense now. Cant compared 2 or 3 year old technology to today.

Headphones are a bit different though....they hold theyre value over the years more than pc hardware.

It goes for pretty much any higher end audio gear as well. I got my monitors a couple years ago and i could still get $350 for them right now...and they were bought for $400.

MY TR61 can still sell for $900.....even 5 years from now, i could get almost as much for it.

This may be true with headphones. Cause i know that it isnt totally true with other Audio stuff. Like my reciever. I got that 3 years ago and already it is outdated cause of the advancements in DD-EX, DTS-ES, ProLogic 2 and so on. Since headphones are mainly used in a stereo fashion i could see how they can hold their value compared to other devices.

Todays receivers are garbage.

My dads old TEAC from the 80's..man that thing sounds real good. Sure it doesnt have all those features...but in terms of SQ it is way better than todays stuff. Im not sure if my numbers are correct...(ericb can tell you more about this since i was just a kid in those days) but a $250 reciever in the late 80's early 90's would be comparable to a $750-$1000 one from today.

I bought a brand new Kenwood for $300..and im really unhappy with it. It doesnt push my KLH Floorstanding speakers (yes KLH isnt exactly top of the line) that much compared to that old TEAC...it blows the kenwood away.

And the funny thing is..ive had several stereos and amps that have failed on me. The TEAC is still working till this day. Only thing is it makes a slight hiss sound when you turn up the volume....but the sucker is still going. That thing is like 20 years old.

Ohh i am not dusputing that. I still have a old Tube Reciever that still works today. I use it for CD's to play thru since it has the best sound quality. But for today's stuff like HD, and surround sound you need those extra features.

I need to get a new reciever so that i can use the ProLogic2 stuff wtih my games. At least for now it works with my DVD Player to get me surround sound on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom