Printers

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Is there a way of 'testing' a printer to see if there is a slight leak in one of the printer cartridges?

The paper I get seems 'moist'. Also, there are definitive 'lines' thru the print job..is that 'normal'?

Also, my printer seems to want to send 2 or 3 pages thru the printer for a print job..any suggestions on what to do to prevent that from happening?

Thanks for your response(s)

Bye
SC

Lines through the print job are usually indicative of clogged print nozzle(s).

What is the model of your printer? E.g. Epson WF-3460
Most have a "clean printhead" option that you can run to try to fix this issue.

Lines through the print job are usually indicative of clogged print nozzle(s).

What is the model of your printer? E.g. Epson WF-3460
Most have a "clean printhead" option that you can run to try to fix this issue.

Epson 2630. When you say 'clogged' print nozzle(s)..what do you mean by 'clogged'?
I will use the clean printhead option....repeatedly..if I think that will help. Of course any different suggestions are welcome as well. Any chance..also..just curious of determining whether your ink cartridges might be 'leaking'?

Tanks
SC

Clogged means blocked, in this case by old dried up ink that blocks up one (or more) of the many tiny little nozzles that are on the printhead. So when the printer goes to use them, nothing comes out, and results in a blank lines through the print.

If the clean option doesn't work post back and let me know :)

Would also physically check them and see if any ink is gunked up on the cartridge - if it is, can take a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol and wipe it off to clean it. Let the alcohol evaporate and then put the print cartridge back in. Using the "clean print head option" will drain your ink carts pretty quickly usually, btw.

Clogged means blocked, in this case by old dried up ink that blocks up one (or more) of the many tiny little nozzles that are on the printhead. So when the printer goes to use them, nothing comes out, and results in a blank lines through the print.

If the clean option doesn't work post back and let me know :)

Thanks for your responses. I bought this printer recently ( ie. I'm guessing a little that the 'ink' you are supplied with is very limited so you have to go out and buy more..that's something I was told in the past).

'Some' ink was getting low...but I had a small reason to worry about leakage. Not so much any more.

I bought ink..and put it in. I am guessing that things will be fine for the moment. Strange a little..I am not officially 'low' on yellow ink..but the yellow ink does not 'show' up well on print test pages. O'h well..more work to do.

Bye
SC

Back
Top Bottom