Pretty new to MP3 players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on in 4 days and this thread is STILL going? oy vey. Summarization time...
S0ULphIRE thinks iPods wouldn't be his first choice for an mp3 player.
EricB wants everyone to give iPods the respect they deserve instead of flaming it.
zmatt just hates iPods
ricanflow is just practicing his mod skillz (good job btw)
Baez is sitting on the VERY narrow fence between iPods and the rest
Trotter infiltrated both sides
Oreo is still EricB's loyal apprentice/supporter
Mak IS 'the pacifier'
saltynay likes iPods
Puddles is a kind of off-topic clarifier.
Ric0h added the Archos option while I was posting

btw, eric...

?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!??!!!!

Great summary.

my daughter thought that her ipod was waterproof and she kept insisting on plugging it up while it was still smoking. then later she had an archos (I think) player and did basically the same thing to it after I had giving her a stern lecture about electronics and water.

zmatt, crawl back under your rock. I'm trying to keep the post civil. you obviously didn't see the unedit version of my response to you, then the closing of this post and the start of my new post regarding this subject and then the merging of the 2 posts by ricanflow. I'm not starting this mess again since you was sleeping to most of it.

the simple fact was you came into this post originally with your chest out to start a flame war because you don't like the ipod and now you are doing again. peeiss (is slang for urine.) is what you do when you go to the toilet, but it's consider a cuss word here so the swear filter blocks it.

mods can you check him before this mess get started again?

and as for regarding your cheap Titanuim walkman, wasn't that one of the the points that you wanted me to get, when you were trying to explain why it was better than the ipod? now you get mad when I agree with you on that same point. Wow

I just can't win.

you can't have too much of a life, starting a dead flame war on a holiday when you should be enjoying yourself. email me with your address so I can send you a plate.

I also hate ipods.... Why would you want to become a slave to itunes? Are you dumb or what?

Anything that requires something that is proprietary is plainly dumb. (With the exclusion of USB chargers ....)

obviously somebody didn't bother reading this whole post or he would know that this is a false stupid statement. read number 2 of this post. this is exactly why I can't win, getting people to respect the ipod. because they just want to believe the bull that they want. zmatt missed it too

We have rules in place that stop flame wars. Yet everybody is allowed to bash the iPod. If I said that I hate Intel or rock music or gays, I will get crucified in a minute. I don't hate them. I'm using them as an example

I don't care what happens. I will always defend the iPods. I was just trying to explain that in the last post (and refute the fact about iPod's sound quality sucks). But somebody who had nothing to do with the conversation, had to come on and turn what was a civil conversation at the time in a peeing match while he brag on his CHEAP titanium flash card that you can only use as a walkman.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world. IPod lovers or iPod haters. The haters make every attempt to diss the iPod. Most of their claims are bull. Lot of them are mad that they can't afford one. Others just don't like them

1. Like the audio quality is bad. That's true only on the older nano's. Most people don't like the sound of the iPod's headphone so they blame the player. It really kill me when people that don't have an ear for anything says this

2. Lot of people hate iTunes so that make them hate iPods. I hate iTunes too. But They have other options for an iPod. Anapod explorer, win amp and wmp (wmp need 3rd party plug in)

3. Lots of people don't like them since they are expensive. I love the player but don't necessary love the price. You have to realize with that that when they first started offer 20-40 gigs to the market any hard drive music player that wasn't in the computer was real expensive. They would have built in 20 gig hdd car audio players for 2,000 then.

The wave of iPod sales made other companies make mp3 players which made the price go down. You can get a 4 gig mp3 player for 40 bucks now. Yet the ipod haters won't even give iPod credit for that. IPod made it possible for them to own a cheap mp3 player.

But let face facts. You can do things with an iPod that you just can't do with those other player. You can dock it on an new amp or new receiver. You can dock it on certain HDTV's. They have a thing where you can mount it in the shower.
All midrange and higher aftermarket radio's have a direct iPod hookup (Which shows the name and let you change songs through the radio)to them so you can have a 60-80 car changer. Thousands of people like the iPod for this reason only (I'm one of them).
You just don't see it with any other mp3 player except for the Zune in a few selected vehicles.

I didn't post this thread to start another my mp3 player is bigger than your mp3 player. I post to hopefully put an end to the dissing on the iPod just because you don't like it. If it were an inferior product it would be different. But it's not. It's an opinionated product.
I know one reason that ipod dissing is allowed here is because even the moderators don't like the iPod. I know that 2 of them that don't like it.

Comparing an iPod to a cowon, a san disk or a creative player is not the same as comparing studio monitors to computer speakers where that is a word of difference. It like comparing Intel vs. amd or dvd-r to dvd+r. the difference is negible, so you should respect the player that you don't like. I don't bash you guys mp3 players, especially for no reason. I only even mention them when I see an attack the iPods thread.

There was a time here when I got help on defending the iPod. That's was when the grown men was here before they got chased off by the kids who knew more than them

:rolleyes: Haha, good summary - although i would happily disagree with Eric - if i thought he was wrong, he just rarely is. Eric is the most knowledgeable guy here, arguing with him is a failure before you've even started - you won't win :p I found that out a few months back ;)

Okay, i think everyone else agree's this thread has had it's prime and is now useless, the OP had got his reccomendations and everyone has set there opinions straight.

Ricanflow/Mak, care to lock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom