Possible DVD heat damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian

Beta member
I had an anime series on dvd stored in the backseat of my car on the floor for about a week. It was covered up because I didn't want it to be stolen and I didn't want the covers to get bleached. I was under the impression that DVD's won't be corrupted due to heat short of throwing them in the fire. I'm worried because I borrowed them from a friend. I commented that it seemed a bit bumpy. From time to time the screen seemed shakey. He said he didn't recall experiencing that himself. He's yet to actually see it again himself but I'm quite worried. Despite the almost constant cloud cover and rain this week, I'm worried that any heat exposure, however mild, may have caused damage despite what I have been told. I certainly don't want to have to replace $150 worth of dvd's. :confused: Is it possible?

It is possible but highly unlikely. DVD's are supposed to withstand over 120° F if I remember correctly. As far as the screen being shakey, if the disc is damaged, you won't get a picture (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, the disc are probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom