Poor audio, what to check

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBl121

Beta member
I have a home built computer that I have moved form being the primary to being set up by my stereo receiver. It is a Nakamichi AV300.

All I have on it is about 15gigs of music in both wave and 128bit WMA and a couple of other programs I want to use because I have the computers second monitor plugged int the dvi on my 40" widescreen.

When I had this computer using some old advent pc speakers, the sound was actually pretty good. The problem is now I have a 3.5mm stereo to rca (red/white) and have it going from the line out to the aux on the AV300.

The sound is scratchy and not as good as the old pc speakers.

Is there something I don't have set right?

I normally use Windows Media player 11 for music. Running xp with SP3 and 2gigs ddr II 800 and an AMD 4200+.

Any assitance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

My only suggestion would be to replace the 3.5mm to rca cable - if it doesn't fix the problem you can just return it.

I had a similar issue, I was using a laptop as my primary computer, then decided to hook up a set of 2.1 speakers from Altec Lansing, when I played some games I noticed the speakers would crackle badly, played around forever with the wires, as the laptop speakers didn't have this crackle. Come to find out the audio drivers went haywire, reinstalled the drivers, and the sound came out nice and clean on the 2.1 audio setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom