Poor Audio Quality on New Headset

notreallyheroic

Beta member
Recently, I got a new headset, the Razor HyperX Cloud Stinger to be exact. There were no drivers I had to install, as it promised a simple plug n' play kinda deal. I did just that, plug it in, everything in the correct port and whatnot, and played some audio. The sound quality was absolutely dreadful, everything sounded washed out. Confused, I plugged it into the back ports (the correct ones again) and the problem persisted. I plugged in my old ones and the quality for them, was fine. Long story short my sound quality is really bad.

Oh, just thought I mention that my old headset was the LETTON G5 Gaming Headset Stereo PC Computer Headphones with Microphone

Last edited:
Ahh geez, sounds painful, I had to replace the sound card. Then there's BEATS... the sound feels like everything Is live, real and right there.

I think outside the box. like I tried headsets that work on androids, tablets, car steros ... etc,

Recently, I got a new headset, the Razor HyperX Cloud Stinger to be exact. There were no drivers I had to install, as it promised a simple plug n' play kinda deal. I did just that, plug it in, everything in the correct port and whatnot, and played some audio. The sound quality was absolutely dreadful, everything sounded washed out. Confused, I plugged it into the back ports (the correct ones again) and the problem persisted. I plugged in my old ones and the quality for them, was fine. Long story short my sound quality is really bad.

Oh, just thought I mention that my old headset was the LETTON G5 Gaming Headset Stereo PC Computer Headphones with Microphone
Razer doesn't make the HyperX Cloud headphones. If they sound bad I would double check your audio options in Windows and make sure you don't have any "enhancements" on. From what it sounds like dolby atmos for headphones might be turned on.

Ahh geez, sounds painful, I had to replace the sound card. Then there's BEATS... the sound feels like everything Is live, real and right there.

I think outside the box. like I tried headsets that work on androids, tablets, car steros ... etc,
Beats are terrible though.

Back
Top Bottom