Please help - my video card has lost it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahlerfan

Solid State Member
My video card (I'm assuming that's the problem) is driving me insane. It's an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 LE that I got off eBay a few months ago. Everything was fine until about a month ago, when I started to see blocks of color (blue and red mostly) appearing in different places on my screen (see the attached screenshot). At first it was just when I was running graphics-intensive programs such as Madden 2005, but now I see it on virtually every window (including the desktop) with the exception of my web browser and my dvd player. It seems to be getting worse (i.e. the blocks of color appearing more frequently).

Was I sold a faulty video card? Or is there something else going on here?

Thanks.
Rob

when that happen to my nvidia card, I bought a new one. I had set my card in improperly on a pent 4 system. when I had set card in improperly in AMD systems (this is real easy to do) the computer just won't boot. then I reseat it and everything is fine.

but i had that happen on the pent. sys and it just kept getting worse until it was unlookable

I have an AMD system. Can you recommend the settings that I should use? I can't tell if you're suggesting that I buy a new card, or if I can just tweak some settings to make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom