please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yin-Yang

In Runtime
excuse me if it is not much truble I would like to know what file format dvd players read because right now Im using a .AVI format and that does not run on DVD player. so what file type does and and how would I convert .AVi to that type.

Also I would like to know if there is any free programs out there that would help me make a menu for my DVD because I have alot of Files and I do not want to fast forward to each on I want to watch. a free program that does this would be a plus.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I do know how to burn DVDs and us "Sonic MyDVD plus" to burn.

Try searching on the web for "DVD CREATOR" . i doubt you find a free software, surelly you will find trial versions that are limited for a period of days and are limited in some features of the software.
With this kind of software you can create a DVD or VCD from many kind of video types such as mpeg,mpg, avi, etc. and you can make the dvd menu as well.
In some cases, when you buy your PC, It comes with a software to create DVD'S. My HP included "InterVideo WinDVD creator". The software is very basic but it's ok. Try searching on the web for it.
Good Luck

Thank you for your help, hey I heard of these DVD players that are DivX compatable and work with .AVI files whats the point if you can just convert them?

can take quite awhile to re-encode into dvd format, some programs can take 24hrs or more depending on how speedy your system is, and you also lose a bit of quality each time a video/audio stream is converted

horndude said:
can take quite awhile to re-encode into dvd format, some programs can take 24hrs or more depending on how speedy your system is, and you also lose a bit of quality each time a video/audio stream is converted

O,O thats not good... now I need to get a new DVD player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom