Playing videos on TV (Black screen only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
hi guys

my friend has an old GeForce MX4 something card, with dual display feature.. where the primary display is the computer monitor and the secondary is a big TV LCD screen.. LCD TV is plugged into the PC via the S-VIDEO cable. everything worked fine..

but since the reformat / reinstallation, we've not been able to get the videos to display right.. the desktop can be viewed on the TV screen,as well as everything else that happens in the computer except for videos. when we play avi,mpg and other videos all we get on the TV is the video player frame, and a black screen..

Playing videos on YOUTUBE seems to be perfectly fine (Them being actually flash objects).. and playing some basic videos (like the windows/clock.avi file) seems to play right.

i've kinda narrowed the situation down to, VIDEOS that are CODEC ENCODED (DiVx?) arent displaying at all..

I dont get this.. the LCD monitor is supposed to just display what can be seen on the desktop, yet, the videos dont wanna show at all... i've tried using other players, from K-Lite Codec's media player classic, to VNC player. All had the same results...

I thought i needed codecs only, but then again, the videos are perfectly fine in the computer.

I did find a way to display the videos, by going into Media Player Classic's:
Options>Playback>Output> and in the DirectShow Video, selecting VMR9 instead of system default..

that seem to have fixed the problem, although the video doesnt look as HQ as it did before..

What do you guys think is causing this strange problem?

Tea

i ad this problem before you have to use the nvidia nview and put the display to "clone"

i believe i have this set already via nvdia control panel.. actually only clone mode seem to display right.. except for the problem stated above. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom