playing ts files and converting

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I have got a digital tv tuner which works perfectly but the output is a ts file which can be sometimes tricky to use. It seems that if I use windows media player (no seeking) it is smoothly played as 50fps deinterlaced but if I use vlc or kmplayer it seems like it is playing at 25fps and I checked with vlc and it says the video is 50fps but kmp says 25fps. Seeking works perfect on vlc and kmplayer but not on windows media player. Is there a software that could convert ts files? I have used HDTV2MPEG but that's not really what I want and it still has problems like the ts files.

You can try the Free Video Converter and see if it helps. It supports .ts format as stated on the website.

Edit: Also you stated:
I have used HDTV2MPEG but that's not really what I want and it still has problems like the ts files.

What it is exactly you want? When you say it still has problems with .ts files, you mean the software that converts it or you want to use .ts files originally without conversion?

By checking screenshots on the website I linked in my previous post, it seems you can set the FPS manually. So download the software and see if it works.

"Video Framerate"
right_panel_video_free.jpg

I tried different programs but the end product is always at 25fps even if I manually set the frame rate to 50. Is there any reason behind this? WMP always play it smooth as if it were 50 fps but other players play at 25fps.

Basically the only players that plays the video smooth is irfanview and windows media player. I've also seen that in most players it shows as 25fps opposed to 50fps, however vlc shows as 50fps but is only showing at 25fps. Converting them also results in 25fps even though I force it to convert at 50fps. Any ideas why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom