Playing MIDI Files Speaker Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Beta member
Hi all. I have onboard realtek ac 97 alc650 sound. I have got two pc speakers hooked up to the comp, as well as my home stereo. I have it set up so that the two pc speakers are plugged into the green sound socket on the back of the computer, and the two stereo speakers from my stereo are plugged into the blue sound socket at the back. So basically green = front speakers out, and blue = rear speakers out. The stereo is rigged by via 3.5mm plug to 2x rca plugs. Anyway, when i play midi files in windows media player, sound only comes from the two front speakers, and none comes out of the rear hifi speakers. When i go into dxdiag and go to the music tab, and test midi, it comes from all speakers, ne ideas?

Cheers peeps.

MIDI files aren't meant to be in surround. People seem to think that midi is just another form of a music file, like an mp3 or wav. Its not! MIDI is actual data (instructions for computers or midi instruments)... its almost like an instruction sheet for the instrument or computer. It tells what note to play on which channel with which sound.

Google Midi to see what its all about... its not just another music file. Its much more complex than that. Its just data and your computer reads it and follows its instructions using its internal midi sounds.

That, and it usually sounds much crappier ;)

Please don't tell you have converted all your MP3 to MIDI and then deleted the MP3?......

Chees,
EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom