Playing HD Video Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello forumers, i recently posted the question "Will my rig be able to play 1080p files?", and got a pretty good answer. On the overall, i was told that my video card and computer as a whole could handle it without being bogged down, even though my video card may downscale it to 720p, which is fine with me.

However, any of the files i have play fine for about 5 seconds, then start chugging to the point where i have to pause and resume the video to get a new frame at all. I'm using VLC media player, and the files are .mkv. Is there something wrong with my computer?

Update: I downloaded "Media Player Classic", it only froze every 5-6ish seconds, which was actually better than VLC handled it. But MPC had silly subtitles that i couldn't figure out how to turn off.

Anyways, am i missing a codec or something for these mkv files?

You need Media Player Classi to play them it ses the least resoursces,

as for codecs you can use

1.K-lite mega codec pack(huge resource hog, hge file size,unnecessary codecs also installed)

2.CCCP Combined Community Codec Pack(comes with built in AC3 Filter,matroska splitter, and FFDSHOW,still hogs a lot of resources)

3. Matroska splitter( just used to decode .MKV files)

4. CoreAVC(best solution imho, uuses least resources) PM me if you want me to send it to you so u dont buy it ;)

Going to try out matroska splitter, returning with results soon!
Thanks TheEnd

Well i installed Haali Media Splitter, which has a built in matroska splitter, and i re-played the file with MPC. I still had some chugging and sputtering, but it wasn't anywhere's near as bad as before. The frame freezes while the audio keeps going, and then the video is fine. This happens every 7ish seconds...did i do something wrong or am i just looking at an upgrade >.<

do you have the purevideo codecs?

Well i'll send you CoreAVC professional, also have you been using Media Player Classic

I have been using Media Player Classic, and i have no idea whether or not i have the purevideo codecs...i just installed what came on the CD with my card, and i updated the drivers today.

Be right back, going to try out the CoreAVC! Thanks for that =)

I dunno why it is lagging so bad. This might be totally different, but I have WMV videos in 1080p resolution and they play fine in MP 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom