Photography - removing window reflection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey, I took several photos whilst on the motorway with the window in the way (obviously couldn't open it or I'd risk the chance of the camera being blown out). The photos have this sort of reflection thingy if you guys know what I mean.
Does anyone know a program that removes the reflection of the window?

Thank you

Reflection/glare is impossible to remove in post-processing. What you should have done is used a polarizer at time of shooting, that's what reduces glare. You could have rotated it into a position where it would have possibly reduced the reflections to a point where it wasn't even noticeable anymore.

BEFORE POLARIZER
16382963_de56af3eea.jpg

AFTER POLARIZER
16383011_439fb3c75f.jpg

Now this is an extreme example, but you can see the filter itself on the front of her lens. You rotate it into a position that gives you the results you want.

Now because Polarizers reduce glare, they can also be invaluable in nature photography. Say you're trying to take a picture of a leaf, but the sun above you is creating specular highlights on the plant (making it look shiny) and it's throwing off your exposure. Use a polarizer to make the glare go away and reveal the true color of the plant and even out your exposure. I couldn't find any examples online, but I've done it before. I've found that polarizers are most commonly used to deepen skies. They make blue skies actually blue instead of that bright cyan because they're cutting out the reflections made by particles of moisture reflecting the sunlight back at you. Polarizers cut through that glare and like I said, reveal the true color.

500px-CircularPolarizer.jpg

Pretty neat eh? These are all things that are otherwise impossible to do in processing except for the sky effect, you can do that, but i've found that using a polarizer is MUCH less destructive and usually yields better results anyway.

Ah, ok. Thank you for that post. I thought programs could remove that reflective cover but I thought wrong. Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom