Philips Aurilium + Laptop Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
I have the Philips Aurilium 5.1 external USB sound card plugged to my laptop. I love the card and have had no problem with it.

My problem is that I when my laptop is not on my desk (where the external sound card and speakers are), I can't get the sound to come out either the built-in speakers or the headphone jack. So basically the built-in sound card is unusable!

I have gone to the control panel and changed the configuration of the speakers. Every time I do that, I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect. It is a very inconvenient, slow and annoying process.

Is there an easy way to get the audio from my laptop's speakers at least when my Philips Aurilium is not plugged?

I e-mailed philips and they gave me an easier solution (quite simpler than I thought it would be).

I had originally right clicked on my computer, properties, clicked on the hardware tab and used the device manager. (That solution was not convenient).

Here is what Philips' support said:

"Thank you for contacting Philips Technical Support.y

You would need to change the sound playback device to the internal soundcard in your laptop for this. TO do this, click Start --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices, then click the Audio tab. Change the default device to the internal soundcard in your laptop.

If you need any further assistance, please respond to this email."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom