PCI Video Capture devices over USB a must? needed file for usb install!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivrbyte

Baseband Member
Hello, and Happy weekend!
Using a PCI over a USB Capture Device for Capture, Edit, and burn VHS-C tapes to DVD is the way to go?

I'm just looking for a middle of the road, non high end hardware to do decent capturing, then not so simple, cheap looking effects software, to edit,burn to DVD.

Yesterday I purchased the SIIG USB 2.0 VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE (JU-AV0012-S1). This has two Audio-Right and left, S-Video, and one Video RCA connectors. (Very simple edit,but cheap looking software) I still could not install the device drivers for this to capture.

I proceeded to do the install. First it prompted me to plug the USB device in the slot, NEW HARDWARE FOUND popped up, Inserted the Install CD, during this process, a window popped up,
“The file tridvid.sys" was needed and not found”.
I went back into the CD folder
32 BIT/DRIVERS and found that file and it installed it. Fine.
Then another message came up asking for a needed file named "acpinfo.ax". (Which is an Analog Copy Protection Notifier file) I went to Microsoft, searched, but could not find.

This "acpinfo.ax". file was not on the list of drivers or apps. on this install CD.

I went to Device Manager/Sound, video, game controllers, and noticed a yellow tag next to “Trident Analog Video”. Under Properties of this folder,”Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”

Also, at some time during install another message came up telling "This product can not be used with this platform"? WHAT?

Package says, System requirements:
Windows7 (32-/64-bit)
Vista (32-/64-bit)
XP (32-/64-bit) I have the 32Bit XP

I contacted SIIG support and he told me that I should install from the website, which I did after the third attempt off the CD, but still get the error messages.

All I want to do is capture some VHS tapes to my computer, edit, and burn to DVD. Never thought I would have this many problems. Prior to buying this generic, basic looking, editing software device, I almost bought a Haupaugh 1600 PCI card for $80.00 @ Best Buy or Frys.

MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2-32 Bit/ DirectX v.9

What I have Onboard-
[MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR PC6400 memory/Intel 2.4 Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GTw512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2/ NERO 9 / Onboard Realtek HD Audio Codec ALC888 / DirectX v.9.0 / Monitor Color Quality – Highest 32BIT 1360x768]

I bought a SIIG USB VHS to DVD capture device with Honestech software that did not work at all. I uninstalled and took back. I wanted to give Pinnacle a try, even after reading all the bad reviews on their lack of customer support, thinking their software/hardware just might work for me. nope! I bought the $80.00 Studio MovieBoard v12.
First thing I did was to update my Geforce 8600GT Driver, and my onboard Realtek Audio driver. I then disabled the anti-virus and installed the software. Powered down the puter and then installed the PCI card on my MoBo. I rebooted, it saw the new hardware, prompted me to "ENTER ACTIVATION KEYS", which were a few.
First I hooked up my Panasonic PV-8451 VCR...Audio and video out of VCR to Audio Line-In on the sound card, and Video In to the PCI card (Composite) Nothing. Settings were MPEG 1/2>Medium Quality (SVCD)>480x480>16 Bit Mono. "Start Capture" NADA! No sound, No video! The problem with using the VCR, is trying to do the set up first with only the remote control. I think I have to set the time, and put it on input, then channel to 03 or LINE 1, or LINE 2,video1, or video2, but I can see anything except the power light, play, FF, rewind, and stop. Do they still make simpler cheap video transfer machines to go from VCR tape to hard drive?

Next I tried my archaic 1997 JVC Analog Camcorder.
Composite connection> Camera Audio-OUT
To sound card and Video OUT
To VIDEO IN on the PCI card.

When I play the camcorder, I hear the sounds coming out from my speakers, but when I press "Start Capture" I see no video in the preview screen at all. Maybe it's my WinXP. Maybe I should upgrade to Windows7 Pro in order for this to work. OR is it possible that having NERO 9 also installed on my puter is conflicting with each others codecs? Before I wipe this OS clean and re-install a newer version of windows, (Like Windows 7- 64Bit) and all the hardware, software, and all the newer 64 bit drivers all over again, I wanted to be sure it was not NERO doing this, but the fact that even though the Pinnacle box states it' can be used with XP SP2, and SP3, there is something missing that keeps me from previewing the captured Video.

Thank you for any help!
Just downloaded the VirtualDub capture software t try to use with pinnacle Studio MovieBoard 12.1 PCI capture device, but nothing. Also downloaded the missing Windows WDM Image Capture (VFWWDM32) But still no luck with pinnacle capturing the video from my analog composite connected Camcorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom