pc tv tuner quality, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrmints

Baseband Member
I'm heading off to college soon and was wondering if I could save money by buying a tv tuner instead of a tv. Well I know I can save money, I'm just wondering how good the quality of a decent pc tuner is compared to a regular tv. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

If you get a good one, the quality will be the same - actually can be better since there are no lines on computers screens.

Don't forget that you can record TV when your not home or just to have it.

ya the ospreys a little pricey for me, thanks for the feedback tho, and if anyone else has any input I would be glad to here it

oprey is professional quality. use ati home theater pro or an nvidia card. they gives good quality

the all in wonder looks great, but does anyone know if A) it will run with my 256mb Nvidia graphics card and B) will the software run on my Windows 64x os, I don't wanna buy it and be left out to dry, thanks

Uhh, the All-In-Wonder would be instead of your Nvidia card.

Unless you need both video cards, get a tv tuner instead of a dual purpose card...

so if I put the Ati all in wonder in it won't boot my graphics to 512mb, right? And would it burn out my computer quicker if I am constantly watching live tv via my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom