pc to tv help

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
im going to be hooking my pc to my plasma tv this is how im going to set it up for the video input im going to use HDMI to DVI lead and for audio im going to use RCA to 3.5m so im going to be using 2 input methods to connect to tv but on the tv i can only select one input method to use ex component, hdmi, a/v. but the thing is i need both input methods (HDMI and COMPONENT) to get video and audio working together, how do i do this or will tv automatically do it

im going to be hooking my pc to my plasma tv this is how im going to set it up for the video input im going to use HDMI to DVI lead and for audio im going to use RCA to 3.5m so im going to be using 2 input methods to connect to tv but on the tv i can only select one input method to use ex component, hdmi, a/v. but the thing is i need both input methods (HDMI and COMPONENT) to get video and audio working together, how do i do this or will tv automatically do it

we need more details. like what hdtv do you have and maybe a picture of the back inputs

For video, you're using DVI. Usually Plasma TV's will have one or two HDMI ports. On our Samsung one, it has one HDMI port and one HDMI/DVI port (both are HDMI style ports, but one accepts DVI signals). You need a DVI to HDMI adapter cord, where you connect your PC's DVI output and the TV's HDMI/DVI input. For audio, you can use a 3.5mm (headphone plug) to RCA L/R stereo cord to connect the green sound port on your PC to the RCA inputs that go with the HDMI/DVI port you're using. Our Samsung has a special PC Audio Input that's a 3.5mm headphones port, so I can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord, but yours may or may not have that. You could also use PC speakers and just hook the DVI video to your TV.

For video, you're using DVI. Usually Plasma TV's will have one or two HDMI ports. On our Samsung one, it has one HDMI port and one HDMI/DVI port (both are HDMI style ports, but one accepts DVI signals). You need a DVI to HDMI adapter cord, where you connect your PC's DVI output and the TV's HDMI/DVI input. For audio, you can use a 3.5mm (headphone plug) to RCA L/R stereo cord to connect the green sound port on your PC to the RCA inputs that go with the HDMI/DVI port you're using. Our Samsung has a special PC Audio Input that's a 3.5mm headphones port, so I can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord, but yours may or may not have that. You could also use PC speakers and just hook the DVI video to your TV.

that was why I asked for pictures, because a lot of hdtv have 3.5 mm slots for pc audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom