Pc/TV audio "Hum" noise problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehende

Baseband Member
My line-in works just fine when playing any audio through it no matter what the external device except and only for when I connect my tv or cable box to it, when I do so there is a background hum or buzz noise that is very loud. Tere is absolutely nothing wrong with either my tv and cable box audio outputs or the cables used, I have done all of the testing.

The hum is being caused with something when the pc receives the audio signal from the tv or cable box, called Dell, they ran me through diagnostics testing and found that my pc and souncard is performing perfectly so I don't know where to turn, can anyone offer and help or leads into this issue please as I can't burn a DVD using any video that's captured on my tv because the hum is recorded in the audio on the DVD, thanks.

cobalt817 said:
you might be able to use a noise filter from radio shack.

or magnet choke or ground loop isolator. you can try to ground the cable box or plug it into the exact same outlet as the computer.

lastly and not recommended, break the ground cord off of the computer. you won't have any ground protection this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom