pc to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jy0522

Solid State Member
anybody know how to connect pc to tv useing DVI cable?
currently i got ATI RADEON 9200 128mb and 54" wide RCA tv
my tv has DVI plug in and so does my pc.
They are connected but it wont show up in the TV plz help me what i have to configure and stuff. also i got 2 displayes when i go to Right click desktop, properties, settings, there is 1 and 2 and im currently using 1 for my monitor

Hello,

Right click the number 2 display and click 'Attached...'. Your system should activate the second display...

...Probably the best thing to do instead of using the Windows XP Display Settings Panel is to go right into your ATI Control Panel, then go to your displays tab and activate your TV display. You should find an option to activate your TV in the ATI control panel if you have connected everything properly. If not, then make sure that everything is hooked up properly, then restart with both displays on.

Any problems...post back!!! :D

hey alivn umm i got it to work but on my 54" wide screen tv i see the screen so tiny but i cant see icons, mouses and stuff only background and its hard. should i use S video or DVI because i cant find amy help with DVI. which one is better and easier to use?

Re:

Hello,

You've probably activated your second monitor on Extended Desktop view. So your current display dekstop is being extended to your secondary monitor.

You'll need to go into your ATI Control Panel and set the parameters of your secondary display. You should be able to change the display to either 'extended veiw', 'dupiclate view' and change 'overlay settings'- which allows you to set the actions performed when you play videos.

If both your computer's graphics card and TV can support DVI, then use it. It delivers greater picture quality than S-VIDEO. Simply use a DVI cable, and activate your second display in the same way.

hey Alvin. umm stilll same. only thing i can see is just background picture or sometimes like all rainbow color and really small.

i want to play AVI movies from my pc to tv with good quality i got 54" wide screen RCA tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom