PC Speaker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMist

Baseband Member
I'm relatively new to the PC audio world, and am wondering what I can get. I'm looking for a very decent to high-quality set of speakers for my PC - I do a lot of music listening, movie watching, and game playing. I need something that sounds GREAT. But, I have a budget. Anything that I can get new/like new refurbed for around $40 and still get great quality (eBay okay.) I've read good stuff about the Logitech Z-640, but also know that it skimps on the midrange - not good...

-Audio: SB Audigy
-Video: nVidia gForce FX 5200
-Intel P4...(the PC was made for me - ya, call me a wimp...)

Any help I can get would be much appreciated...anything $60 or below should be fine. Thanks in advance!

Also, happy to provide any info at all required.

Logitech and Altec Lansing are pretty much the top two that are the best. I prefer Altec Lansing in some areas, but i still like Logitech.

Also, Creative speakers are good at times.

When it comes to speakers under $60, its really personal preference. You really just have to goto a store and try em out. Push them to their limits and make sure you are pleased with them. Again, the three brands I mentioned are all good. You can't really get high-quality for under $60, but you can get close. If you dont find anything you like, then save up. Don't get some speakers just because you want some. If you really want to get good speakers, wait a while until you can afford some better ones. I'm not saying that all speakers are bad if they aren't expensive... you just gotta find something you like, which can be hard.

If it is a 2.1 system, I suggest at least 40 watts. If its 5.1, then at least 75-100 watts. Again, push the speakers hard to see if they can handle their own power. Alot of times they have more power than they can handle so they distort with bass frequencies and high volumes.

Hope that helped... have fun!

Thanks! I'm gonna test some out...I've heard the Harmon/Kardon SoundSticks work wonders, too, even though there's only three pieces to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom