PC sound to receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercenaryOne

Beta member
I posted in off topic discussion but got no responses, so I'd figure I'd try here.

Heres the thing, I have 2 sound cards, onboard, and SB Live 5.1 gamer. I would like to have my computer speakers plugged into my onboard and have my SB Live going to my TV receiver. What I need to know is how to hook up my SB Live to my TV receiver. What I also need to know is if I do this, will music/game sound go thru both my onboard and SB Live ?

What you could probably do to hook up your SB Live to your receiver is buy a cord that has a headphone jack input on one side and stereo RCA (red/white) outputs on the other end. They have these at radio shack and probably a lot of other stores that carry A/V cords. Plug that into the "Speakers" ouput on your card and the other end into your Reciever into whichever RCAs you feel fit. That will get the audio from your 5.1 to your reciever. I'm not sure whether sound will go through both cards, but it would be easy enough to simply select which one you feel like listening to (if they are both working).

My method would get any and all signal coming from your 5.1 card to your reciever.

you can't have both onboard and sound card running at the same time. if you install your SB, onboard will be turned off and sound will be redirected to the card...

There is a lot of interference (buzzing) when I hook my entertainment system to my computer using this method. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom