PC to Plasma Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

deastin

Beta member
Hello,
Having a small problem hooking up my Shuttle Media Center PC to my Panasonic ED Tv. The TVs native resolution is 852x480 when using the HDMI connection (using a DVI to HDMI cable). This res. is obviously not computer friendly and so the screen cuts off about half an inch on all sides. This is a bigger problem when trying to play a game then it is just running windows programs. I know if I use S Vid I will then be able to change the resolution to 800x600 and so on, but that is also a lesser quality connection. I know people out there are doing what I m trying to do, I ve read reviews of my set and other Enhanced Def tvs being used for this purpose. My question is how to I resolve this problem?
Thank you

Problem.........they are two different pixel formats. the resolutins may be equivalent but the pitch on a plasma TV and computer monitor are very different. You will never get it to completely sinc up and then the quality will always suffer. Sorry for the bad news but until someone builds a puter video out to conversion box for a plasma TV in HDTV, you are stuck with inappropriate borders and poor resolution conversion quality.

they have the technology in hardward dvd decoder cards. those costs like 300 buck but you can catch them on ebay for 25.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom