Owch, just busted my Z5500's big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea EricB..

I take offence, i do know what a fuse is, and i do know that it still doesnt work. And yes it did just blow, not the speakers the amplifier control box thingy. How do i know, because it smelt exactley like when i used a wrong 12v lead and put it into the router (lol) and it just turned off and smelt bad. + speakers made a loud pop.

Logitech's arn't scum either, find me some better PC speakers for the same money and i will congratulate you. Especially as getting hold of Klipsche is very hard in the UK.

Yeah you must have just clipped your amp really bad, which is located inside the sub I believe. Your actual control center (volume knob thing) might be ok actually, but I don't know how you would test that honestly if you sent your sub off. Testing to make sure the "pop" didn't damage your speakers is easy. Since they just use regular old speaker wire, hook them up to any reciever you've got laying around.

Yeah you must have just clipped your amp really bad, which is located inside the sub I believe. Your actual control center (volume knob thing) might be ok actually, but I don't know how you would test that honestly if you sent your sub off. Testing to make sure the "pop" didn't damage your speakers is easy. Since they just use regular old speaker wire, hook them up to any reciever you've got laying around.

get a battery and touch the leads to the + and -. the speaker will move in(right polarity) or out (wrong polarity) if it work, which it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom